Job Title: Junior Coaching and Development Officer
Reporting to: General Manager & Juniors Head Coach, HKU Sandy Bay RFC
Salary: $10,000-14,000/month for 20-25 hours/week initially - based on qualifications and experience
Term: 2 years with review after 12 months
Workplace: Remote and/or unfixed office locations
Commencement Date: August 1st, 2019
Purpose of the Position
To execute a rugby development and coaching program for HKU Sandy Bay RFC amongst local secondary and primary schools with the primary goal of attracting new players to the club.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The following is a list of the Roles and Responsibilities that are delegated to the Junior Coaching and Development Officer -
- Collaborate with the HKRU in connecting with primary and secondary schools to;
Staying in contact and providing updates with targeted schools and contactsProactively engaging and working with the Juniors Head Coach and the Club’s age group and team head/pro coaches and team managers to ensure successful assimilation of new players into the existing age group squadsRetaining new and existing players by;
- Introduce and implement a rugby coaching program at the school by making presentations to teachers, parents and pupils
- Support any existing HKRU coaching programs at the schools
Identifying additional local language coaching resources as and when necessaryOrganising the players from the targeted schools to attend training and matchesBeing the communication link between players and team managementUpdating Sandy Bay committee members as and when required
- Identifying and implementing incentives for pupils to stay engaged
- Following up with individual pupils as and when necessary
- Providing translation and coaching support to the Sandy Bay age group pro coaches
As part of the role the following commitments are a requirement -
- Be available for at least 15 weekday (school) hours per week to visit schools and make presentations and/or conduct coaching sessions.
- The expectation is to be available and circulating across all age groups from 8am to 2pm on a Sunday. This may vary from time to time depending on festival and league game schedules.
- There is a requirement to attend all mini festivals and a selection of league games for each youth age band.
- World Rugby Level 2 Rugby Coaching
- 2-3 years+ coaching either Mini or Junior rugby teams
- Native Cantonese speaker / Proficient in English
- Permitted to work in Hong Kong
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Understanding of how to manage large groups within these age groups
- Sense of community
Apply for this Position
To apply for this role, please forward a copy of your CV (rugby and non-rugby related) with a covering letter to the General Manager of HKU Sandy Bay RFC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30th June 2019.