Sandy Bay, in collaboration with MindHK, will host two Mental Health First Aid training courses in June with limited availability.
We provide physical first-aid for our players at all levels. Now our aim is to provide mental health first-aid support at all levels. Whether it's teenagers dealing with stressful environments or a teammate who is battling with issues that needs a listening ear - MH issues can strike anyone, and if left unattended can soon cause significant distress.
The club's goal is to have recognised MH first-aiders who are our first responders. The skills and knowledge gained will position the first-aiders as the "go to" people within the club (and outside the club) for mental health issues. These are amazing skills to learn.
Two courses will be provided -
1. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help given to someone who is developing or experiencing a mental health crisis before he or she can obtain professional treatment. The training, which is a 12-hour internationally recognised course, is conducted by accredited professionals. A certificate will be awarded to participants with FULL attendance.
Dates: 17, 18, 24, 25 June 7pm – 10pm (12 hour course)
Price: $650 (+3.9%)
Reserve your spot: https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/mental-health-first-aid-training-course-tickets-62697053575
2. Youth Mental Health First Aid course (YMHFA) is for anyone who works with young people up to the age of 24. It is a 14 hours Internationally certified course.
YMHFA focuses on adolescent development and what signs and symptoms to look out for early detaction of mental health problems developing in young people up to the age of 24. As it is a time of growth of the body and mind, risk taking and changes in behaviour.
Date: 17, 19, 24, 26 June 6:30pm- 10pm (14 hour course)
Price: $1,500 (+3.9%)
Reserve your spot: https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/youth-mental-health-first-aid-training-course-tickets-62699272211
- Basic knowledge about common mental health problems and related crisis situations
- What you can provide as a lay person and When to get help
- MHFA Action Plans
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder
- Panic attacks
- Eating disorders
- Identify the resources available in the local community
*Mental Health 101 is recommended prerequisite to MHFA. Please check the MindHK events page for additional trainings later on.
If you would like the training that can positively support your family, the club, colleagues, society or random strangers then please sign-up now.
For any questions, please contact Grant Beuzeval (email@example.com)